Accelerate your Career and Get Certified
Answer these questions using the Superstore sample data.
Be sure to click Submit Quiz to see your results!
Time is Up!
I GOT THE QUESTION 3 AFTER DOING IT WRONG. YOU HAVE TO CALCULATE TOTAL SHIPPING COST/ DISTINCT NO. OF ORDERS
Could you pls advise how you solved this question ? Iam unable to do it
Shipping cost per order = Total shipping cost divided by the number of unique orders
Use COUNTD([Order ID]) to get the number or unique orders.
need help for question 1 and 3
Answer for Qn 1
Sum of Sales of Home Office in 2013 = 10%of $6,17,498 = $61,749
Expected Sales for Home Office in 2014 = $6,17,498+$61,749
1) You will need to add two filters:
– customer segment = home office
– year(order date) = 2013
Then add SUM(Sales) in rows. To compute the next year (2014), you will have to multiply the SUM(Sales) result by 1.10 (because it’s a 10% increase)
And boom, you’ll have 679248.
3) Add SUM(Profit) in columns, and Customer Name in rows. Order the chart by SUM(Profit) and you will see that Andrea Shaw has the highest profit. Add a text with this formula: SUM([Shipping Cost])/countd([Order ID]) (shipping cost PER order)
Boom, you’ll see 12.59 for Andrea Shaw.
Hello, could anyone please help with Q2? I’m thinking to see the ratio, you’d have to create a calculated field?
Thanks in advance.
1. Create calculated field
2. Enter sum(shipping cost)/sum(sales)
3. Move newly created calculated field into columns
4. Move Product Names into rows
5. Sort by new calculated field
Just create a calculated field for Ship to Sales Ratio. Sum of Shipping Cost/Sum of Sales.
Put the product names and the new Ship to Sales ratio into a view and sort by the new calculated field.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Including step-by-step solutions.
Get All Quizzes
Our online Tableau courses can help you get certified as a Qualified Associate or Tableau Specialist.