Accelerate your Analytics Career
Friday, June 28th, 2019
Welcome to your Specialist Knowledge-based Review Quiz for Exploring & Analyzing Data
1. Which of the following chart types requires at date field?
2. If you add cities to a worksheet and find that you have a map with many unknown locations, which of the following steps may help resolve the problem?
3. Your view has the dimensions "Product Category," "Product Sub-category" and "Product Name." Which of the following would combine these dimensions to enable drill down?
4. Which of the following occur earlier in the order of operations than context filters?
5. Which describes a descending sort?
6. You have a scatter plot showing the quantity sold and the profit by product name. Which of the following would help determine the relationship between quantity sold and profit?
7. Which of the following is a table calculation?
8. How can you identify the top ten customers with the highest sales where the customers are in the corporate segment?
8. Which term best describes this chart?
9. What value will this calculation return when order date is November 14th, 2017 and the ship date is January 1st, 2018?
10. Which term best describes [Year] in the calculation show below?
Tricky but useful Qs
Good questions to practice.
9th question answer is 48.. I am not sure how 2 is coming. can you explain
Months not days
The formula refers to a difference between the 2 dates in months, so the answer 2 is correct in this case.
Hope this makes it clear, Narcis
I don’t understand the first question, why line chat requires data field but scatter plot doesn’t ?
Because a Line Chart is usually used to display data over a period of time – this is why a date field is required. The scatter plot needs two different numeric variables, therefore no date field is required.
Hope this helps, Narcis
Why question 9 is 2 months? The difference between November 14th, 2017, and January 1st, 2018 is 1 month and 16 days.
Because the difference is expressed in units of months without decimals, so 1 month and 16 days the result is 2. If you would want to calculate the difference in months with decimals you should apply a custom division (number of days divided to the average number of days per month or another month lenght in days you wish).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Specialist Practice Exam Data Analyst Practice Question PDF Specialist Practice Question PDF
Our online Tableau courses can help you get certified as a Data Analyst or Tableau Specialist.
Interested in learning Power BI? Check out the quizzes here.