Accelerate your Analytics Career
Monday, October 11th, 2021
Welcome to your Data Analyst Practice Questions #1
1. You have ORDER_DATE as field in the view. You would want to change the format of the field from string to date. Which function you would use to get Date from String?
2. You have SHIP_DATE as field in the view. You would want to change the format of the field from string to date with a particular format. Make sure month name is displayed in full and also milliseconds (up to 5 digits) is displayed in the resulting date.Choose the correct answer:
3. You have created a workbook and sheets using a data source. You would now want to replace the connected data source with another data source for a workbook or sheet. Choose the correct answer:
4. Join types supported by Tableau prep are :
5. What function could be used to assign consecutive values (1, 2, 3, …) to the customer names based on the profit of each customer, with lower values assigned to customers with higher profit?
6. Steps to create a filter so that ,it’s applied for all worksheets in the workbook that use the current primary data source, are:
7. You are doing data cleaning and combining data for further Insight analysis for Customer sales scenario. Using Tableau prep you want to combine Sales table and Customer table. But there is a difference in granular levels. Which data transformation you would choose in this scenario?
8. Which file need to be modified to add custom color palette in Tableau ?
9. Steps to add custom color palette in Tableau:
10. Steps to add custom shapes in Tableau:
Immediately showed me holes in my base knowledge.
Glad it was helpful!
RANK (sum([Profit]),’desc’) RANK _UNIQUE(sum([Profit]),’desc’) RANK _MODIFIED(sum([Profit]),’asc’) RANK (sum([Profit]), ‘asc’)
It is stated that correct answer is the 2nd one. But how is lower values assigned to customers with higher profit with ‘Desc’ attribute in the formula?
Lower values assigned to the customers with higher profit means that rank 1 will be assigned to the customer with the highest profit, rank 2 to the with the second highest profit and so on. This is why we have the ‘desc’ parameter so we can start with the highest profit and have the lowest profit the last one in the list.
Hope this makes it clearer. Narcis
Number 6 is not correct. On the Filters shelf, right-click the field and select Apply to Worksheets > All Using Related Data Sources.
Option a) is correct since we want to filter only the worksheets that use the current data source, not all worksheets that use related data sources as well.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of new posts by email.
Specialist Practice Exam Data Analyst Practice Question PDF Specialist Practice Question PDF
Our online Tableau courses can help you get certified as a Data Analyst or Tableau Specialist.
Interested in learning Power BI? Check out the quizzes here.