Accelerate your Analytics Career
Friday, June 28th, 2019
Welcome to your Specialist Questions for Connecting to and Preparing Data
Links to data sets used in the hands-on questions:
1. Which of the following is true of a live connection?
2. Which of the following can be used to combine the rows from one table with the rows from a second table?
3. Which of the following join will always include all rows from both tables?
4. A blend is most similar to which type of join?
5. Union the Stocks 2010-2013 and Stocks 2014 tables from the tds_sample_data_all workbook. Create a chart showing average Open by year and for each Company from 2010 to 2014. In which year was the average open for Biogen Idec closest to Amazon’s average open?
6. Blend the Southern Region table from the South_Superstore file with the Subcategory Profit Targets table from the Subcategory Profit Targets file. Add subcategory, AVG(Profit) and Profit Target to the view. For which of the following subcategories was average profit higher than the target?
7. Inner join Southern_Region with Returns using Order ID. This will limit the data to only those orders which were returned by the customer. Create a chart that shows sales by year of order date. In which year was the sales value of the returned items the lowest?
8. Open the Flights worksheet of the tds_sample_data_all workbook. Assign the geographic role for Airport Code as airport. Add the airport code to the view and drag the Airport Name to the Label mark. Which airport shown on the map is closest to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta (ATL)?
9. Left join Southern_Region with Returns using Order ID. Add Sales and Status to the view. What is the value for SUM(Sales) for Status returned?
10. Create a union of World Literacy Rate 1976 to 1991 and World Literacy Rate 1992 to 2016. What is the percent increase in the literacy rate from 1976 to 2016?
Lukas Halim, thank you so much for providing this prep material. I just passed my Desktop Specialist exam. And for the future test takers out there, for the record, I did not pass any of the practice tests provided here on the first take. But looking through all the solutions and suggested readings definitely prepped me enough to pass the exam!
Very happy to hear that, Suja!
Hello, I need to prepare for Tableau Specialist Certification.
Please help with any specific material I can read through.
You can check our course on udemy – https://www.udemy.com/course/tableau-specialist-certification-prep/?referralCode=27BBF2CD9B8D5EF97336, that contains learning materials and 3 practice tests (the same as the ones from here https://learning-tableau-specialist.dpdcart.com/). You can also check the free learning videos from Tableau – https://www.tableau.com/learn/training/20204
Hope this helps, Narcis
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Specialist Practice Exam Data Analyst Practice Question PDF Specialist Practice Question PDF
Our online Tableau courses can help you get certified as a Data Analyst or Tableau Specialist.
Interested in learning Power BI? Check out the quizzes here.